Friday, August 28, 2009

Real professional there, Em

Sometimes we pretty young things here in Kathmandu like to go out to "da clubs" (as the kids, I believe, say) on weekends to dance around and blow off some steam. Lots of fun, and an opportunity to meet some really interesting people (...). So last weekend we called some friends who are involved in the party scene here in Kathmandu and headed out for a night of shakin' our booties.

This week, a colleague comes past my office and says to me "you're famous". I am, reasonably, confused. He clarifies "you're in the paper, in the society pages, with all the pretty girls". ! Yeah, here's the page, from the Himalayan Times "About Town" section:


That's us on the bottom, Henga, me, Joanna and
Lily. The caption reads "ready for some rock 'n' rollin"!

I then slunk off to quietly die of embarassment. We're also all over partynepal.com

2 comments:

Aunt Judy said...

Why be embarassed? I've always known that you were one of "the beautiful people". Nice to see that you are getting out and having some fun. All work and no play, you know? You saved the paper I hope? Miss you much!

Love, Aunt Judy

Maddie said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ooooooo

ahahahaahahahahaahahahahaha

oooo ooooo


HAHAHAHAHAHAH

it just keeps going...hahahahaha